Thursday, January 20, 2011

LET'S GO HUMP !

If I owned a basketball team, I would call it the Buffalo Hump.

It's kind of catchy.  It is a part of a buffalo, and it sounds better than the Buffalo Hooves, Buffalo Horns or the Buffalo Beard.

It is singular, which is the cool thing in sports (Thunder, Wild, Lightning, Magic, Avalanche, Heat).

And...it would be fun to sit with thousands of people yelling, "LET'S GO HUMP."



 

I would prefer as many home games on the weekend, but if there were weekday games I would obviously prefer them to be on Wednesdays (obviously). 

There would be trivia contests at halftime where the correct answer gets you a team t-shirt.  But if you're wrong you get a dunce t-shirt.  
I'm looking at the name:  Hump T or Dumb T.

If the team gets behind but takes a commanding lead, you can say we're "over the hump."

Maybe we could use the Black Eyed Peas' song "My Humps" as our theme.  Maybe Engelbert Humperdinck could sing the anthem.

But there is one more thing I gotta check...


(sigh) the domain "buffalohump.com" has been taken but it is up for sale.

But "letsgohump.com" is available!  Oh, the possibilities...


.

No comments:

Post a Comment